I had a keen interest in the supernatural when I was a teenager (it bordered on the obsessive, but that’s beside the point). One particular figure that captivated my attention for a while was Nostradamus. He made predictions for the future – the distant future – while he was yet alive in the 1500’s. And though the accuracy of his prophecies is a matter of debate, Nostradamus gave his followers something to look forward to by publishing his words (even if most of his predictions were end-of-the-world-sort-of-stuff). I may not have any followers at the moment, but I do believe in making goals and writing them down so I have something to strive towards. So without further adieu, here are my goals for 2012:
- Release Stepmothers Anonymous in other ereader formats (NOOK, iPad, Sony, etc.) and in print (first quarter 2012).
- Run several promotionals/contests/giveaways – announced here and on Facebook (first quarter 2012).
- Begin new story series on my blog about Mary, the Mother of Jesus, starting with the Immaculate Conception and culminating in the birth of Jesus Christ (March 15 – December 25).
- Complete and submit the screenplay of Stepmothers Anonymous to Scriptapalooza’s annual screenwriting contest (April 16).
- Begin my next book, either Stepdaughter Confidential, which is told from the viewpoint of Sara, from Stepmothers Anonymous, who finds that the choices she makes will affect everyone she loves; or Love Thy Neighbor, a romance tale between two neighbors, which is the first of four books (May 2012). We’ll see which one wins out.
- Per my oldest, raise the childrens’ allowances (never).
- And oh yeah, get followers (as soon as possible).
I am adding a page to my blog listing my goals; feel free to check back to see what’s begun, what’s been completed or what’s been added. I am excited and look forward to 2012.